Forums

Discussions of the easy to use open source game control panel.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome on board ! We are very proud to present you our forums powered by FluxBB ! Please Register, do not forget to read carefully Forum Rules and feel free to Contact Us if you see any problems. Finally, take part in site life !

#1 2015-03-11 13:52:33

Angrytoilet
Website

2 Suggestions

Alright, let jump right in ....
In no specific order:

1. Ability to grab specific data and display it to the public. 
What i mean by this is, I would like to add "total player graph" and some other server information to another page, ported from BGPanel.  I am currently paying someone $300 to attempt to allow me to do this.  This feature would be awesome if it was simply integrated in BGPanel.
Example: 

/var/www/index.php + 2 folders.  (example: bgpanel and forums)
I would like to pull certain reporting charts or data from bgpanel, maybe put it on the index.php that sits in root.  Also, maybe setup the forums to pull data so it is available there.  I know there needs to be a login to display, but, user=guest;password=guest as an account in MySQL for that "login".  Add it to the panel script for the root index file.  Guest would not have the ability to login as its a "dummy" account.  Maybe lock permissions on SQL side.  I dont know, thats why im paying someone else to do it lol ...

2. User submitted game install game lists
Even if its a simple XML and we can have a forums section for XML downloads submitted by the users, this would be a big community bump.  Any game, no matter what, as long as there is a download for it and a setup, we can XML code it (super easy) and download it from the forums.

Need CSGO?  Download the XML and run it in the panel.  CoD4?  Same thing.  All working as tested, reported on and supported by the community.  Someone can have 1 XML installer.  Maybe 10 installers ... maybe someone wants all of them lol. 
Integration of the XMLs into the panel as well, maybe a little page dedicated to the XML functions.  Install directory, port, etc would have to be customized, but, all the important stuff would be pre-coded in the XML (download place, default directory structures, etc etc)

Those are my ideas, maybe someone has said them, maybe not.  Looking to build a more efficient BGPanel, with, keeping the community involved with its growth and usefullness

Last edited by Angrytoilet (2015-03-11 13:55:42)

#2 2015-03-16 02:35:14

Angrytoilet
Website

Re: 2 Suggestions

+1 Suggestion

Update to "Ajax WebFTP" to version 6.X
Its now under name:  Pydio
Works epic, better UI, more options, faster ... its nice.  (see my comment about it in: http://board.bgpanel.net/viewtopic.php?id=539)

Board footer