Forums

Discussions of the easy to use open source game control panel.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome on board ! We are very proud to present you our forums powered by FluxBB ! Please Register, do not forget to read carefully Forum Rules and feel free to Contact Us if you see any problems. Finally, take part in site life !

#1 2015-02-04 21:05:13

Angrytoilet
Website

Just wondering ....

Hello!

Just wondering how supported or how active the developers are on this project.  I ask because my current panel has slowly died off and is falling behind (like way way behind).

I have spent a lot of time setting up, config, reporting, writing minor fixes, etc, on the last one just to have it die.  Kinda want to stay away from something that isnt being worked on.  I ask because the last post i see about "version 2" was nearly a year ago.  I do see some people stating "im back!" and thats great.  Just want to make sure there is a long-life to this project ahead.

#2 2015-02-04 21:33:36

super_g2
Idea's master ;)
Website

Re: Just wondering ....

Hi

Warhawk is really overloaded with his school activities, but when free time he keeps going on the version 2 dev !
Please, take a look at the github repo of bgpanelv2 smile

To my concern, I don't have time toco-dev this new version, I'm just waiting for warhawk to start the alpha test...
So yes, bgpanel is still alive, and you're right, v1 (in fact v0.47) is not really supported nowadays.. But the v2 will make you forget the v1 issues..

Have a nice day

PS : this website will be really cleaned up when v2 will get ready to launched time !

#3 2015-02-04 22:59:53

Angrytoilet
Website

Re: Just wondering ....

Sounds great -

I am excited to see what comes up then  smile
Supported, developed, and, well, longevity are key here.  I was on a Windows 2012 R2 server cluster for a while, but, honestly, the webpanels are terrible for Windows.  Support is just as bad.  People at work told me go Linux and i get more options.  True, there are endless options for Linux..  Plus its 100x faster.  Issue i see is:  100x more options, but, 99.9% are dead/dropped projects.

Anyways, like i said, i will stick around and see where this goes.  Thanks for the reply  8o

Board footer