Forums

Discussions of the easy to use open source game control panel.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome on board ! We are very proud to present you our forums powered by FluxBB ! Please Register, do not forget to read carefully Forum Rules and feel free to Contact Us if you see any problems. Finally, take part in site life !

#1 2013-07-03 11:11:26

fungamerz
Website

ftp accounts

does someone now how to configure and manage ftp clients on centos 6.4.
i want to have a user account test thats locked in his home folder.
i find so many tutorials to create that but i allways fail in that.
does someone know a goodway to get this working?

#2 2013-11-16 21:18:43

wizYq

Re: ftp accounts

that would be nice, also. when is the ftp addon going to be done?

#3 2013-11-21 19:39:26

warhawk
Administrator
Website

Re: ftp accounts

Well, the integrated webftp will bring this feature. Moreover, you won't have to create additional ftp accounts. It will work through SSH, but the client will not see anything, credentials will be hidden for him.

EDIT:
In order to answer the primary question, I suggest using https://security.appspot.com/vsftpd.html and check the following options :

[== Undefined ==]
chroot_list_enable
    If activated, you may provide a list of local users who are placed in a chroot() jail in their home directory upon login. The meaning is slightly different if chroot_local_user is set to YES. In this case, the list becomes a list of users which are NOT to be placed in a chroot() jail. By default, the file containing this list is /etc/vsftpd.chroot_list, but you may override this with the chroot_list_file setting.

Default: NO 
chroot_local_user
    If set to YES, local users will be (by default) placed in a chroot() jail in their home directory after login. Warning: This option has security implications, especially if the users have upload permission, or shell access. Only enable if you know what you are doing. Note that these security implications are not vsftpd specific. They apply to all FTP daemons which offer to put local users in chroot() jails.

Last edited by warhawk (2013-11-21 19:50:31)

Board footer