Forums

Discussions of the easy to use open source game control panel.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome on board ! We are very proud to present you our forums powered by FluxBB ! Please Register, do not forget to read carefully Forum Rules and feel free to Contact Us if you see any problems. Finally, take part in site life !

#1 2013-12-03 11:07:57

mrfrase3

Running Console

Hey,

The main premiss of this suggestion is to get some form of actual console (RCON) that "refreshes" by itself say every 1-2 seconds, and it also does this without having to refresh the whole page. This would then allow a server administrator to have an up-to-date feed from their server's output, without having to spam the refresh button.

I'm not really much of a web coder, but I think this could somewhat be easily achieved via iframes or something similar to make a separate page that is refreshing and then shown through a box on the RCON Tool page.

This is really the only thing which I believe makes BGP less competitive against other panels...

Thanks,
~ mrfrase3  big_smile

#2 2013-12-03 16:00:25

ThunderGod

Re: Running Console

Ok done, this is for the admin panel rcon panel.
Paste the files in your admin folder if you haven't made any changes on your files.
It will replace your utilitiesrcontool.php , and add rcon.php .
The refresh time is set to 4 sec , since anything below that will be considered as a flood.
You can change it if you want , open utilitiesrcontool.php and find this setInterval(callAjax,4000) and change the 4000 to whatever you like. (it's in ms so 4000 = 4 sec).

There, download and have a nice day!

P.S I made this quick so it's messy. I mean use it if you really need it.
P.S2 Also you can use the same stuff for the client side although I'm not sure how well it will work there, since you must put some security stuff in order to not get abused by mistake by your own clients.
P.S3 This is not official code! ~ just saying ~

Last edited by ThunderGod (2013-12-03 16:08:14)

FirmaHatsuneMikuCRabling-1.png

#3 2013-12-06 14:34:36

mrfrase3

Awesome, I just put it on and it works like a charm.

With the interval, I did knock it down to 2000, but then it started doing funny annoying stuff, it seems 3000 is as low as you can go to avoid it from doing that....

But thank you for making this so quickly, sorry I couldn't test it fast enough, hope this gets fully implemented! tongue

#4 2013-12-10 21:00:42

warhawk
Administrator
Website

Board footer