Forums

Discussions of the easy to use open source game control panel.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome on board ! We are very proud to present you our forums powered by FluxBB ! Please Register, do not forget to read carefully Forum Rules and feel free to Contact Us if you see any problems. Finally, take part in site life !

#1 2013-12-01 17:59:34

submilitarny

Sub-accounts and permissions

Hello,
Please add a sub-account in which you can select whether the user will have access only to the console or to webftp etc. .. It will be a very useful feature, because it does not always every user should have access to everything.

#2 2013-12-01 22:22:16

ThunderGod

Re: Sub-accounts and permissions

Well both of the things can be done easy, for the sub-account there is already a system implemented sort of. The group system can be used in order to do the sub-accounts.
And the user access can be easily done with an "access" column in the client table and then just check if the page/part of the page can be accessed by the user.
I could do it , but I have no idea if the creator has already something in-mind.
Maybe if he answers I could add it , or give him the code so he can integrate it or something.

FirmaHatsuneMikuCRabling-1.png

#3 2013-12-01 22:52:51

warhawk
Administrator
Website

Hi,

You can already use group system to add "new clients" to the server. Everybody will be able to manage the server but, everybody will have "full" access (webftp, console etc.).

I think this feature is not too specific to GSPs. However, if someone write the code to allow this, I will implement it. For now, it will not be added to my task list.

I will implement on the client side the possibility to edit some server settings, depending on the rights allowed by admins. For exemple, bring to possibility to edit the field "Start map" for the clients.

Regards

#4 2013-12-01 23:30:00

ThunderGod

warhawk wrote:

Hi,

You can already use group system to add "new clients" to the server. Everybody will be able to manage the server but, everybody will have "full" access (webftp, console etc.).

I think this feature is not too specific to GSPs. However, if someone write the code to allow this, I will implement it. For now, it will not be added to my task list.

I will implement on the client side the possibility to edit some server settings, depending on the rights allowed by admins. For exemple, bring to possibility to edit the field "Start map" for the clients.

Regards

I actually already did the last thing that gives the right to clients to edit chosen cfg's in the start command. ( I added one more column in the bgp_game that is an array of allowed config's to be edited )
I actually think that it will be better just to store one JSON object with all the configs and settings of the default settings and of the client settings so a multi start cfg's are possible (not limited to 9)
And so stored nice and tidy and easy to work with.
Also I am working on a file editor, so if the clients have no idea about FTP they can still edit their configs on the fly.
I will probably post one big chunk of the stuff when I am done with them and I am sure they work properly. (A branch of BGP I guess since it will be hard for me to make it copy&paste friendly without messing the original code.)

P.S Well I went off topic , the admin told you so it will probably get added. Nice suggestion and have a nice day.

#5 2013-12-02 06:16:38

wizYq

how can they edit cfg files? no where do i see an ftp option..
and in the upcoming features. ftp is still in progress as far as i can tell.

#6 2013-12-02 20:19:10

ThunderGod

wizYq wrote:

how can they edit cfg files? no where do i see an ftp option..
and in the upcoming features. ftp is still in progress as far as i can tell.

It's things that I am working on (and using for my project) smile and it's not in the official code (not yet at least).
Also for editing their .cfg files it will be a separate link or a tab that it opens the predefined config file for the given game template.
Also the {cfg} options can be added to the process so it's more automated.
Example: CS 1.6 > server.cfg > hostname "{server_name}".
As I said when I have some free time I will try to share a big bulk of my code and some explanations on how it works.

Also I know the developer of the project is already doing some of the stuff I am doing but in a different ways than mine so he will be free to use some parts of my code or use his code instead.
My code will be shared so you can choose what to use in the end I guess.

P.S The topic can be locked by the way , I don't think this off-topic conversation is for here.

Last edited by ThunderGod (2013-12-02 20:24:17)

Board footer