Forums

Discussions of the easy to use open source game control panel.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome on board ! We are very proud to present you our forums powered by FluxBB ! Please Register, do not forget to read carefully Forum Rules and feel free to Contact Us if you see any problems. Finally, take part in site life !

#1 2013-11-30 17:10:53

ThunderGod

Hello just a passing programmer here

Well hi all ,
Well I am currently using bright panel for automated game hosting stuff.
Anyway I am programming for around 9 years now on different languages but I mostly stick to web languages like php/js. I also love designing stuff so psd's and css's (3's lately)  are very familiar to me smile .
Oh also I like animating stuff before I did animation with flash , but lately I try to keep it all clean and use CSS3/HTML5 for the job, it works well but some stuff still forces me to use flash since the native stuff isn't quite there yet.
By animation I mean animating for web projects , not like movie clips. I tried to do a movie clip once it takes way to much to time to do , it's just not my thing smile .
I will try to contribute some stuff to the project since well I got it for free I want to do something in return. I will try to help new users if it's possible.
The first thing I will try to push is probably the FTP automation that I made for my project:
In brief it's like this:
When you create a server you will get this fields:
FTP user,password,directory,quota,bandwidth dl/up, IP access.
So after the server is created the FTP will be ready for use, it's really quite simple.
Though I will need to do some stuff for it, so it could be added as "plugin" to the system, so it doesn't ruin your code and it will be a simple copy&paste operation.
When I have some free time I will post the files and how-to do it.

So yes am I don't think this was the right place to talk about the FTP stuff , but whatever see you later.

Last edited by ThunderGod (2013-12-07 11:13:23)

FirmaHatsuneMikuCRabling-1.png

#2 2013-12-07 05:33:19

ScottDisick

Re: Hello just a passing programmer here

Welcome buddy,

Hope to see you around more!

I'veonly just joined myself.

Regards,

Scott

#3 2013-12-07 13:20:07

warhawk
Administrator
Website

Hello guys :-)

That's great ! I'm also very delighted to see people investing themselves into BGPanel :-)

I hope I will give you some "work" very soon... :-)

Regards

#4 2014-01-15 19:21:36

rick001

I would love to contribute too, I have been coding for around 4 years now, I am proficient in languages like php, C#, java, C++ along with knowledge in RDBMS like Mysql and the likes. I love php though smile I have also been managing linux VPS and dedicated servers for clients for 2 years now. Please let me know how I can contribute and also if there is some kind of prerequisites before I can join the community developing BGP. By the way I have just setup BGP for 2 new Game hosting firms and they are loving it. They used to use TCadmin earlier. The only issue though was with the missing FTP, I have installed a custom one for both of them. Also I think it is kind of nice that the STEAM game installations are not automated, gives greater control also is helpful for cases when you need to create multiple servers for different users with the content of each user isolated from others. But then again that's my thought about it.

#5 2014-01-15 19:54:45

ThunderGod

I mean you can help with whatever you can, if you write a proper ftp web client that is integrated that will be cool. Or you could do something else I don't whatever you think will be a nice addition to the system smile
Also with BGPanel you can do pretty much whatever you want tbh smile (If you know how that is)

(There is only one bug that recently I saw and is a big security risk, it seems from time to time that it creates sub-screens when there is already a running one (rcon). Meaning it will give you an access to a screen that has enabled root commands (or whatever user you are using to connect with) and that could be just a horror situation if somebody exploited it properly, I will probably look into it and fix it (add better checks and find the cause of the bug))

Anyway have fun and it will be nice to see some stuff from you smile

#6 2014-01-16 05:04:25

rick001

Well I am gonna start work with integrating the FTP in the panel, since I already have one running with BGP, let me try and integrate it with the panel, currently it runs separately but shares the same username and pass as that of the client's BGP. Current drawback is that when a client opts for forgot password in the panel the FTP username and pass doesn't get changed. Also the script would require high enough privilege to create, modify or delete users in the linux box so that we can create the FTP user in the background when admin creates an user using the panel. Is it ok, or is that too much of a security risk?

#7 2014-01-16 20:47:52

ThunderGod

rick001 wrote:

Well I am gonna start work with integrating the FTP in the panel, since I already have one running with BGP, let me try and integrate it with the panel, currently it runs separately but shares the same username and pass as that of the client's BGP. Current drawback is that when a client opts for forgot password in the panel the FTP username and pass doesn't get changed. Also the script would require high enough privilege to create, modify or delete users in the linux box so that we can create the FTP user in the background when admin creates an user using the panel. Is it ok, or is that too much of a security risk?

Ah ahm for my FTP system I am using pure-ftpd mysql so no security risks are taken when deleting users or changing passwords smile .

#8 2014-08-30 18:44:07

Shooting King

ThunderGod wrote:

When you create a server you will get this fields:
FTP user,password,directory,quota,bandwidth dl/up, IP access.
So after the server is created the FTP will be ready for use, it's really quite simple.
Though I will need to do some stuff for it, so it could be added as "plugin" to the system, so it doesn't ruin your code and it will be a simple copy&paste operation.
When I have some free time I will post the files and how-to do it.

So yes am I don't think this was the right place to talk about the FTP stuff , but whatever see you later.

Hmm... I should also start doing this.

Board footer